Michael Ots Evangelism Trust began in 2008, in response to a growing number of invitations to Michael Ots to speak at events hosted by university Christian Unions around the UK. Establishing the Trust allowed Michael to commit full-time to evangelism among students, and to accept more of these invitations. Before long, invitations also began to arrive from student movements in other countries, particularly Eastern Europe.
Michael and the Trust recognised both the serious need for other gifted and trained evangelists to be involved, and also the opportunity for MOET to help identify and train them. In 2012 the first of a number of Associates joined the team; after spending one year with MOET, these Associates have gone on to serve in student mission in a variety of contexts.
MOET works in close partnership with a number of organisations. Most of the events we are involved in are hosted by members of the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship (UCCF), or another national movement of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES). MOET is also an integral part of the Fellowship of Evangelists for Universities in Europe (FEUER), through which we provide training and resources to evangelists working on the continent. We are supported by a number of churches, as well as many individuals and some charitable trusts.
Glorifying God by urgent evangelisation, primarily in the student world.
Through Gods grace to see a team of University evangelists engaged in equipping students in effective evangelism, so that increasing numbers of students give their life to Christ.
We trust in God, expressed in:
- depending on God for power to Christ like living and fruitful service.
- praying as an expression of faith which is integral to life and ministry.
We are passionate to evangelise through:
- keeping sharp focus on our vision and mission.
- taking risks to advance Gods kingdom.
- publicly and persuasively proclaiming the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are a team:
- in pursuing our vision and mission together.
- encouraging and enhancing each others effectiveness.
- supporting each other through relationships of mutual trust.
We partner in ministry with:
- primarily the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship and International Fellowship of Evangelical Students.
- Churches, agencies and individuals of any nationality and denominations with the same doctrinal alignment to MOET.
Team of supporters, trustees and employed evangelists; praying, giving and working together so to achieve the vision.
Developing the MOET Associate Programme to train 20 evangelists to be engaged in University missions across Europe.
Training, equipping, and motivating individuals in evangelism.
Modelling, encouraging and leading effective evangelistic mission.
Our Doctrinal Basis
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; he was born of a virgin; his humanity is real and sinless; he died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those he has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christlike in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just